Many females like to wear pearl necklace so much, so how do we select one that is suitable for us? At first, remember to check whether the pearl has flaws like spot, pit etc in buying pearl necklace; if you can observe with a magnifying glass, inspect whether the pearl surface has ripple, air bubble, sticky sand grain etc, exercise extra care to observe the perimeter of perforated pearl, which is the part that is most likely to cover up defects, and take notice of the following aspects:
- Shape: Familiar shapes of pearlare ball, oval, egg, long circle etc, and round pearl is preferred.
- The colors of pearl include white, yellowish white, light pink, purple, light blue, orange and many others, in various depths of color. Generally speaking, it’s better to buy pearl in rich luster, gorgeous color, soft and single tint; in Europe, pearls in cream color and light pink are most valuable, however, white pearl is the best from practical view, for white pearl fits the wearers in various kinds of skin color and dress color.
- Luster: The luster of pearl is an important factor for appraising its value. “Pearl luster” of “jewelry”, as we often call it, refers to the luster of pearl. If we put the pearl in the shadow or dark place, the pearl shining, sparkling and glaring is top grade, and the pearl emitting rainbow color and glare dazzling has the highest value.
- Thickness of mother-of-pearl: The thicker is better. Carefully observe the thickness of mother-of-pearl from the perforated position, and observe whether pearl nucleus is damaged from perforation; the thickness of mother-of-pearl can also be judged indirectly from the intensity of pearl luster; the pearl that is too thin is not durable, and the ideal pearl thickness should be more than 0.5mm.
- Size: The diameter of pearl is generally1-10mm; bigger size, round, bright-colored and glaring pearl is more valuable.
- By conducting above inspections, you’ll certainly buy high-grade pearl necklace.