There are many varieties of silver on the market. Among them, sterling silver, pure silver and silver plate are the most commonly used.

Sterling silver

Sterling silver is an alloy consisting of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals (usually copper or nickel). These metals give strength, durability and extra shine to silver. This ingredient makes the variety of silver more abundant, which is the quality standard jewelry. This is a recognized silver standard, which originated around 1300 years. The standard for sterling silver was promoted by Tiffany & Co. in the United States because they used it to make jewelry.

But you might think:

How to distinguish sterling silver?

Real sterling silver should have a logo to identify it. There are several versions of the sterling silver logo. You can see it on the silver coin. The imprint of 925. You can also choose STER, STERLING, STG or STERLING Silver. If the number of 800 is printed on the silver coin, it is likely to come from Europe.

If you are worried about whether sterling silver is durable, don’t worry. This is a durable hard metal. If any surface is scratched or damaged, sterling silver can be easily polished back to its smooth luster. In addition, the price of adjustment and repair is very reasonable, so it is easy to maintain sterling silver jewelry.

Pure silver

Fine silver is the closest to pure silver. It is 99.9% silver and is identified by the logo. The other 0.1% is composed of trace elements and the content is not high.

However, although it seems that pure silver is better, it is actually too soft to be used for jewelry. It is easy to damage and plasticize and lose shape time. Pure silver is suitable for jewelry such as earrings and pendants, rather than being exposed to rough wear

Silver plate

If you are familiar with the gold plate, you will find that the silver plate is the same. It is essentially a thin layer of silver plated on another base metal (usually copper). As you can imagine, silver on silver plates is much less than sterling silver and sterling silver. It has no other form of value, and over time, the plating will change color and peel off.

There are other forms of silver on the market, such as Britannia Silver, Coin Silver, German Silver, Nickel Silver, Tribal Silver, and Mexican Silver. They contain different amounts of silver.

Description of the silver hallmarks:

These tiny stamps can be found in certain parts of the silver. You must look carefully with a microscope to see clearly. This is the quickest way to confirm if your silverware is genuine.

There may be some fake marks, but these are not common.

If there is no place on the jewellery that can be marked, even expensive silver products can be unmarked.

When I first knew this tag, I checked all my silver markers and saw this small. I am very excited with the 925 mark.